Junior Risk Management Consultant
- Probability & Partners
- Risk Management
- Required language
- Dutch, English
Probability & Partners is looking for a junior risk management consultant. As a junior consultant you will work for our clients in banking, pensions, insurance, and asset management. A typical project will last between 3 and 12 months. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with affinity for the financial sector. Risk management and risk modelling remain a growing focus area in the financial sector. In order to continue to meet the growing demand for this expertise and experience and thereby maintain the high quality of our services, we are happy to expand our team with enthusiastic and knowledgeable people.
- Analytical and critical;
- Problem solving;
- Hands-on mentality and result-oriented;
- Ability to distinguish between main- and side issues;
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills;
- Work well independently and in a team.
- MSc in a quantitative field such as Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Actuarial Sciences, Quantitative Finance;
- 0-2 years of work experience;
- Excellent academic track record (GPA > 7.5).
- At least one programming language, such as Python, SQL, R, Matlab or other;
- Statistics and modeling;
- Interest in the financial sector and risk management.
- Internship at financial institution;
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence;
- Board year of student association;
- Ability to experience multiple types of financial firms.
- Ability to work on a wide range of risk types.
- High accessibility of highly experienced colleagues.
- Flexibility in selecting courses for personal development.
- Cutting edge technologies.
- Intrinsically motivated and helpful colleagues.
- Healthy work-life balance, no excessive work weeks.
- Flexible contract forms to help pursue other interests.
- Bi-monthly informal activities.
- Communication in English.
- Semi-annual review of performance and wage.
- Above market starting wage, tailored to individual level.
- Ability to compensate extra hours with time off.
- Year-end bonus, holiday allowance, and travel comp.
- Unlimited training budget.
We are a consultancy firm specialized in risk management, founded in 2014. Probability currently employs around 25 people. Our offices are located in Amsterdam and Gouda. With our services, we support a wide variety of clients in the financial sector. For example, we work for banks, insurers, pension funds, asset managers, supervisors, FinTech and family offices. We help our clients manage their risks. In doing so, we use a holistic approach to risk management, and a unique combination of hands-on experience in the field and academic knowledge.
OUR PHILOSOPHY IS:
- We believe in an integrated approach: risks never occur in isolation.
- We like problems which do not have a straightforwarded solution.
- We think outside the box thanks to our unique mix of skills.
- We act in the best interest of the client. We dare to challenge.
- We understand the context to ensure our solution fits.
- We provide a solution which can be continued without our help.
For more information, take a look on their website.